**

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sisters that make me smile☺

Through the years I have come to realize that I really like to be around older people. For a few years I visit taught Sister Golightly, she has become one of my best friends and cheerleaders. She has given me advice with the utmost love. She always lifts me up and tells me she loves me. I just love this woman, she makes me smile. We hardly make a trip to Kearns without at least stopping to see if she has just a few minutes to visit. The kids are always asking if we can stop and see Grandma and Grandpa Golightly.

Then I moved closer to my grandma, whom I have already blogged about a little bit. I have found myself finding excuses to be with her and have her teach me something new. This week she came and taught me how to crochet, which I had learned when I was little but hadn't done since then. I realized that older people have so much life experience and wisdom to offer. They have been around the block and have dealt with life. They are so willing to help and I hope that as I grow old that I will be this way.

Just the other day I went to visit a sister in our ward. I just stopped by to deliver her a birthday gift because she would be in surgery and not home yet before her birthday. I was planning on just giving it to her and leaving, but she wanted to visit. We talked about family, raising kids, church, health problems, schools, just lots of fun things. She said you sisters who are raising kids right now are just amazing. She just went on and on. I must say I felt pretty good about life when I left.

I am truly grateful for all these fabulous friends that I have made that lift me up and make me smile.

3 comments:

  1. I know the Golightly's miss you, but you are definitely the wonderful, kind of person who touches their lives as well. It's nice to be remembered and I know they all love you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet. Sometimes I feel like I just the opposite around older people. My grandparents were all gone by the time I was 8 so I have no experience with older people. I see my own parents getting to be "old" and it saddens me. I need to change my perspective of becoming old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to listen to their stories. They have seen so many things that have changed history. As I was making my mom's scrapbook a few years ago, I had asked her to give me a run down about her life. I was so amazed at all of the things that she had been through and has seen. She turns 81 this year. They are great people to love and cherish.

    ReplyDelete