**

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Visions of Cousin Camp Danced in my Head



So, two years ago, (along with my sister, dad, and step-mom) I hosted cousin camp for 17 of the cousins which included 3 of my own kids. I felt bad not doing it last year, but we had moved in the spring and I just didn't have the time to plan it. But the last couple of nights I have been waking up with visions of cousin camp dancing in my head. I have been so excited that I haven't been able to go back to sleep. I just love that the cousins get to spend time with each other and when you take the parents out of the equation anything goes (well almost anything)! My vibe after cousin camp a couple of years ago was that the kids loved it and what a nice break for the parents. So the gears are turning and I am getting excited, guess I better tell the parents!

Some of my ideas this year are a carnival day with lots of games, booths, face painting and maybe even a store they can earn tickets and buy fun treasures. Maybe we can fit in a dollar movie, bowling, or classic skate day. I was contemplating getting a fire pit so we can roast hot dogs and make smores. Last time breakfast at the park was a hit and so was the milk jug baseball, so maybe we will do that again. Our service project this year might be a service scavenger hunt. I would like to do some type of ropes course for children - anyone heard of one- something to build self-esteem. I tell you the possibilities are endless.

If you have any great ideas please let me know. Three days is a long time and you have to keep them busy or it gets a little crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of work! Sorry I have no ideas, but it sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are crazy to want to do it again. Although I must say Don had a blast at the last one. You could implement some scout projects now that most of them are in scouts. Or some Faith in God stuff since there are girls too. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Devan will be beside himself.

    ReplyDelete