**

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Kate's Baptism



Last Saturday, Kate got baptized. She was really excited and a bit nervous. Earlier in the week she had been wrestling with Hope and ended up with a black eye. I didn't realized that she was actually hurt that bad until the next morning I thought she had put makeup on to go to school, and that is when I realized she would be sporting a beautiful black/green eye by the day of her baptism. The night before she was baptized, in her prayers, she asked that she would get a journal on her baptism day so she could write about how funny it was that she would have a black eye on her baptism day. That's when we had to make sure that she got a journal, because she had prayed for it and we didn't want her faith to be shaken. The next day we sent Aunt Belinda to get a journal, she ended up getting two others.

She was so proud after she was baptized and told me she felt really good inside. She was one of the last baptisms of the day and the water was freezing. She had goosebumps a mile high. She is a very sweet girl and is really trying to do the right thing all the time. I can tell she feels bad when she messes up, but she knows that she can repent. I just love watching kids learn and grow in the gospel. She has a friend who wasn't able to make it to the baptism. She saw her friends' dad a couple of days later. He was apologizing that they couldn't make it. She told him, "That's okay, it doesn't really matter who was there it just mattered that it happened." Wow, that is an impressive response from an 8 year old. I think that she is wiser than I thought.

3 comments:

  1. I know we felt so bad we couldn't make it. It is such a wonderful opportunity to watch someone being baptized and to be the example for my kids. I am glad it was a wonderful experience for her. We need to come visit you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is, and has always been, so sweet! I'm so glad she's your oldest girl so she can set such a good example for her younger sisters.
    Sounds like you needed to have a little more faith about that journal thing! :) Cute story.
    And congrats, Kate! We are so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Kate! She has always been such a good, sweet girl.
    And it was so nice to see you and your cute house the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete