**

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grandma's are Great!



Throughout my life I feel like I have really missed out on getting to know my Grandma. She worked when I was little and then when her and my grandpa retired they decided to spend their time traveling. In the winter they were snowbirds down in Arizona. It wasn't until my grandpa passed away 15 years ago that I realized that I didn't really know my grandma. She was a quite little lady who let my grandpa be the center of attention.

I have since learned that she is a beautiful woman inside and out. I love her so much. I can now see why my mom was such a wonderful lady. I am truly blessed to live just minutes away from her now. I am so glad that my kids are getting to my grandma while I get to know her. She comes over for dinner sometimes and my kids get really excited when she is going to come. This summer she brought me stuff out of her garden and we shared recipes. The past few weeks have been especially fun. She has come over to dip pretzels with me. Yesterday she taught me how to make caramels. She is so cute and I am grateful to have this wonderful lady in my life.

4 comments:

  1. That's sweet! I'm so happy you are creating memories with your grandma. She seems as wonderful as you and I'm sure she loves the time she gets to share with you as well.
    My grandparents all passed away by the time I was 8 so I have no idea what that would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you live so close to her now. I know you really liked to visit her. How fun that she gets to come and teach you fun things and be with your family more often.
    I have one grandma and one grandpa who are still alive. I don't spend nearly as much time with them as I should. Thanks for writing this. Hopefully, I will do better this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I'm so glad you have gotten to know her better and have become closer to her. I have one grandma still alive and I am lucky enough to see her a few times each year. Grandma's are Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a grandma or grandpa that I remember. With my mom being as old as she is. I didn't know my mom until I did a scrapbook for her and had her give me a run down about her life. It was very fascinating. I realize that I really didn't know my mom or dad.

    ReplyDelete