**

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Favorites


I absolutely love Christmas. I love the smells, the tastes, the sights, and the sounds of Christmas. I love the smell of cinnamon pine cones, Christmas trees, and the smell of cinnamon rolls baking. My favorite foods associated with Christmas are cinnamon rolls, yams with tons of brown sugar and butter, mmmm. I love holiday treats of every kind, but I really like to make and eat dipped pretzels. I also love hot chocolate, alot!!! I love seeing the lights on through everyone's windows and of course those who have them outside. I love going to temple square and seeing the lights and hearing the music. I don't necessarily love the snow, but I love the way it looks on the trees with lights underneath. I love listening to Christmas music. My family isn't crazy about the fact that I turn on Christmas music right after Halloween, but I just have to, its in my blood. I love to listen to Trans-siberian orchestra, Manheim Steamroller, and Jim Brickman. But the old family favorites...Anne Murray, Statler Brothers, and the Chipmunk's Christmas still remind of being a child at Christmas. I just love everything about this blessed holiday. But most of all I love the reason for the season and that is our Savior. How blessed we are to celebrate his birth and remember everything he stands for.

3 comments:

  1. I think I told you this before, but we had Chipmunks Christmas on Record and would put it on while decorating the tree and I also love Ann Murray- so are the classics.
    I also love Christmas and all the wonderful things that come along with "The Season".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas season is wonderful! I love all the same things as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We listen to the Chipmunks all the time too! And I also love the Manheim Steamroller. I need to copy your example and write down all the things I love about Christmas. There is so much to love!

    ReplyDelete