**

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That Darn Mouse

On Monday morning we were just getting ready to read scriptures when Kimball said,"A mouse just ran behind the entertainment center." Kimball is a big tease so we went on with our lives and no more sitings of a mouse. Tuesday morning Nick sees a mouse run across the back wall and then under the couch. I see it as it goes into the pantry and then behind the dishwasher. My skin was crawling. It was a big fat black mouse. Disgusting!!! Needless to say as the kids walked out to catch the bus I was on the way to the store to buy mouse traps. We set them and waited. Sophia checked them every five minutes. Finally it was time for bed, she was so freaked out she couldn't sleep in her bed. With great anticipation we checked the traps this morning and no mouse. Ugh! Was I seriously going to have to spend another day in my house with a mouse. Then at about 9:30 this morning we heard a snap. That little bugger was sneaky, he actually got all the cheese off the trap before he stepped on it and got trapped. We are breathing a little easier now. Hopefully my kids have learned their lesson. KEEP THE DOORS SHUT!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the little bugger. I hate mice in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww, that sounds creepy to me! And we even have a pet rat now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is yucky. It reminds me of the night we were at the cabin and saw one run across the kitchen and into one of the rocking chairs. The chair spent the night on the deck. Glad you caught it. They gross me out.

    ReplyDelete