**

Monday, October 12, 2009

Gone But Not Forgotten

Today is my mom's birthday. She would be 60 years old today. She passed away 7 years ago and today I am missing her. She was the best mom ever. Anything that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother. Here are 20 things that I love and miss about my mom....

1. Her smile
2. Her you can do it attitude.
3. Her love for her grandkids.
4. Having someone to talk to anytime.
5. Her friendship.
6. Eating chocolate chips and chips and salsa as a midnight snack.
7. Going to the temple with her.
8. Her inspiring testimony.
9. Her dedication to the gospel.
10. Her endurance and long suffering.
11. Her patience.
12. Her prayers..I believe she always had a prayer in her heart.
13. Her love.
14. Charity..she truly possessed the truly love of Christ to everyone.
15. Her love for the scriptures.
16. Her love of teaching.
17. The confidence she had in her children.
18. Her support throughout my life in all things.
19. Quiet moments.
20. Her example.

To everyone who knew her our lives are better. She may be gone but will never be forgotten.

5 comments:

  1. Holly, I love your blog and I love this post. These things are wonderful to write down for your family especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you started a blog. Yeah! Thanks for this post. It made me cry. And I'm not saying thanks for making me cry, but thanks for reminding me why I love my mom so much. Your mom must have been amazing because she has one amazing daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, especially the colors! Your mom must of been a great lady, because you are by far the best mom and friend I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited that you decided to start blogging. I don't keep mine up that great lately. Your mom was a great lady. I love your tribute post to her. This is actually from Melissa, I guess I was logged in as Cory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I just saw this one and wanted to say what a nice tribute to your mom. It was very sweet. It is always nice when you can remember the good things about your mom without it making you too sad.

    ReplyDelete