**

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day...



Well, I must admit that this is not my favorite holiday. I do love that my kids like to make a big deal out of it though. Kate made 3 cards for me throughout the day. She told me she just can't stop thinking about what a good mom I am! What more can I ask for. I love that Kimball secretly sent me a note and reassured me that he does think that I do the things I do because I DO love him. This really made me smile. Of course Hopes telling me "Happy Mother's Day" is just cute as can be. Sophia gave lots of hugs and I had to chase down Nick to give him lots of mommy loves! Mark's yummy dinner, flowers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Granny B cookies, what more could I ask for. I have the best husband EVER!

Life is interesting, since my mom has passed away I find myself still trying to do things that I know would make her proud. I try to support my kids in all their activities and have the other kids support them as well. This was very important to my mom when we were kids. We went to everything of each others, dance recitals, piano recitals, soccer games, baseball games, everything. I have since realized what a priority it must have been to my mom because I find myself not wanted to drag everyone along when they really could stay home.

My mom was really big on visiting teaching and I have to recommit myself each month because it is not something that I love to do. I love to visit with the ladies, but the coordinating of schedules sometimes makes me a little crazy. But when I think of my mom I know she would be disappointed to know that I am not as faithful in this as I should be.

My mom was all about family! I know that she loved me and that she always will. I hope that I am being that daughter that she hoped I would become. I love you Mom!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure your mom is smiling down on your daily. You are an incredible mom! I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can guarantee your mom is proud of you! You are an amazing mom - hope one day I can grow up to be like you. (I'd especially love to be a happy morning person.)
    Glad it was a wonderful day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you Mom would be proud and I am sure that she looks down on you and smiles and gets teary (you know we all inherited that from her). Mother's Day is bittersweet for me too, but rest assured that you are doing a great job and Mom is proud!

    ReplyDelete