**

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

46:10

Oh yeah baby, that is my time for the 5K I ran or should I say ran, then walked, and then hobbled, and then ran to the finish line. Even though I am not a runner, (in fact, I really hate to run) this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I praise all my friends who valiantly run races and kick butt! This all started because Kimball ran the Knights 5K for his school last year and he wanted us to join him this year. Well, this year he talked us in to signing up. Kimball ran it in 21:16, Nick came in at 27:46, and I came in at 46:10. I had told Kimball that if the clock passed 45:00 and I wasn't there yet to come looking for me. Just as I was rounding the last corner I saw him coming! He encouraged me to run to the finish line and he even ran with me. I must say I felt an ounce of achievement (seriously the time doesn't mean anything does it)!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! I've always wanted to do that. I do believe that I would probably kill over in like 3 minutes. Brad and I have talked about doing something like that. That is awesome that you were able to do that with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been anxiously waiting to hear how it went. Way to go on finishing!! That is really a wonderful accomplishment. I know a 5K doesn't mean much to those that run long distances, but for someone like myself that doesn't run at all, 3.1 miles is harder then you think. Didn't Mark do it too?
    I tell myself the time doesn't mean anything except it's something to beat for next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you! I still haven't done a 5K and I don't like to run, but I think it's a big accomplishment. Way to go, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive! I don't know if I am more impressed that you ran it or that you got a teenage son to come back and get you :) You are raising one fine boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I realize where my comment went :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I am more impressed with the fact that you did a 5k or that you got a teenage boy to come back and finish it with you. You must be raising a fine young man:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Holly! Way to go! And Kimball did it in 21:16!? That is so super fast! He's got to keep on running, and he'll be winning races before you know it!

    ReplyDelete