**

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Kind of Women Are We?

Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

I came across this quote and found that I have a few things that I need to work on. It is hard to live this life sometimes with the things that surround us daily, but I think it is possible:)

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of this quote yesterday - I remember it from a VT message last year. It is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember delivering this message to my VT sisters. It's a beautiful sentiment. It's definitely something I need to keep posted on my fridge or mirror so I can constantly be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Holly. I really needed to hear this message again. I am with Heidi. I should put that on the mirror so that I see that every morning to remind me what I need to be.

    ReplyDelete