**

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Moments with my Mom

I can never let this day pass without being reminded that my mom is no longer here to celebrate with. However, a birthday is about happy thoughts, so happy thoughts it will be. Here are a couple of my favorite memories of my mom.

My mom made the most fabulous chicken noodle soup, homemade noodles and all. Whenever I make it I think of her. She always made it after Thanksgiving. I always remember thinking that she always was making to much, but rarely was there a time when there was leftovers.

As a teenager, when I would come home late at night she would stay up and we would have a midnight snack of chips and salsa followed up with a side order of chocolate chips. Yum...brings back so many memories!

When I was in high school me and one of my friends used to go walking at the college track at 5:30 every morning. Then my mom and her friend joined us. I loved walking with her. She used to help us study for tests and visit with us in those early morning hours as we walked. I really miss doing that.

I loved to feel her faith, if that makes sense. She was a believer in every sense of the word. She spoke of Christ, testified of Christ and had faith in Christ. She showed it by her words and deeds everyday of her life.

I am grateful everyday to be her daughter. Thank heavens we are an eternal family. I get all excited thinking about the day we will be together again. It will be amazing!

4 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you Holly. I love the memories you chose to share. You are truly your mother's daughter and she is so proud of you. You are amazing in ever sense of the word and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to have a bedtime snack with the teenagers at the end of the night...and then get up to walk in the 5's? She taught you well, because that's exactly the kind of mom you are, Holly. Can't wait to meet her at some point and tell her what a great daughter she raised...but how do we know that you can't read family blogs once a week on the other side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so sweet. It makes me want to be a better mom. When my daughters get older and stay out late, I'm going to stay up and eat chips & salsa with them & talk about their night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made homemade chicken noodle soup on Mom's birthday. I still think hers is waaay better than mine, but it makes me think of her every time as well. It will be great to see her again!

    ReplyDelete