**

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Women's Conference

This past weekend I attended our Stake Women's Conference. I left feeling like a new woman. It was so inspiring and made me feel like I can keep going. One of the opening speakers was our Stake Patriarchs wife, Sister MacFarlene. Her talk was "Standing Knee Deep in Water and Drowning of Thirst". Oh how I feel this way to much of the time. I am overwhelmed with being a mother, wife, and all the other things we must do. It is interesting that we have everything we need at our fingertips, but we just need to take the time to partake of it.

Sister MacFarlene recommended a couple of things to help us out. She said first of all SLOW DOWN.....sounds easy, but its not. Second, she said get rid of the unnecessary things in your life. What do you get rid of? She recommended that we make this a matter of prayer and Heavenly Father will help us know what we need to get rid of in our lives. (Truth of the matter is there are probably lots of things I could get rid of.) Sister MacFarlene said, third we need learn how to receive revelation. Revelation comes in those quite times (like when is that I wondered). But we need to make quite times, take off the earphones, turn off the TV, turn off the radio when you drive. She said we can choose a life of commotion or serenity, of course who wants commotion. Having serenity takes a little more effort, but I think it is worth it.

So my dear friends I urge you all to slow down, give up the good and better things for the best and allow your Heavenly Father to direct your life. He knows best!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! What a good recommendation. I've been watching my niece this past week and she has kept us so busy. It made me realize my life isn't that bad with my two little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are excellent points, in fact, it's been so nice lately with the kids not in any extraciricular sports or activities. It's the season to sign them up for spring soccer and/or t-ball and I am just cringing. Although I love to see them develop and play sports I know it will just make life a little more chaotic- (but it is worth it, don't get me wrong, I love seeing them develop socially, but it's also going to be a juggling act). I guess I better enjoy these calm moments now. :)

    ReplyDelete