**

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

This morning I was taking a nice hot shower and thinking about the simples things that make my life a little better. I have been reading accounts of ancestors that had little and I have been pondering what it would have actually been like to live even 100 years ago. For instance, I love taking a really HOT shower, the kind that makes the bathroom all steamy. I am truly thankful for hot water. I love having family around and eating yummy food that was easily prepared because I have a stove, hot water and a fridge. I am thankful to have a reliable vehicle to get my family from one place to the next. I am thankful for the ease of shopping for anything I need or want from the internet. I am thankful to have my friends and family at my fingertips with the internet. I am thankful for doctors that know so much and can take care of the simple ailments and the major ones. I am thankful for a nice home and a good neighborhood where my kids can learn and grow. I am thankful for reliable employment that supports our family. I am grateful for washing machines and dryers. I am thankful for parents who taught me to be frugal. I am thankful for friends throughout the years that still keep in touch. I am thankful for the gospel that gives meaning and purpose to my life. I am just thankful that I get to live in this day and time.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you think going on trek is also an eye-opener into what we really have and should be grateful for? Those are so many wonderful things you've thought of- I agree with all of them- they really do make life so easy.

    ReplyDelete